Sunday, June 19, 2005

I *heart* Batman Begins

A cut and paste from a forum post I made.

Clearly, this is the best Batman film that has ever graced the screen. I wasn't expecting the film to be this good, and I believe it really dated Tim Burton's masterpieces.

Out of all the superheros in existence, Batman has always been my favorite one. This is the Batman film I've been waiting 24 years to see. In Batman (1989) you didn't get to see how Batman became such a great fighter or where he got all of his cool toys.

He was just there.

I loved the first hour of the film. I loved the exploration into the Bruce Wayne character. I loved the supporting cast. I loved the scene with Gordon and a young Bruce Wayne. I loved the scenes of Batman scatching people out of no where. I loved the look of modern Gotham. I loved the, "calling card," scene.

I really loved this film.

The soundtrack. Actually I didn't really notice a soundtrack because I was too taken by the film. Danny Elfman is missed, but Elfman is a part of Burton's vision of Batman. Zimmer and Howard's work is way better than John William's work on Revenge of the Sith. In fact, this film is better than the last Star Wars outting. I did buy the soundtrack yesterday, and it is very good. The Batman theme is repetitive, much like the theme to Signs, but no where near as exciting as Elfman's. Maybe they held back on this one? Maybe it will be more fleshed out in the sequel?

I'm already looking forward to the sequel and to seeing this film again.

and again.

No comments: